Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday Tunes

First off....Yay for Tuesdays!

I'm partial to days that begin with T's for some reason. So Tuesdays and Thursday are my feel good days. Why? No idea but enough about me! 

We're going to be doing a daily meme on our blog. Mostly to help us keep it going but also to help our little bitty blog get out into the big wide blogasphere. 

Tuesdays and awesomeness that comes along with them are going to be dedicated to two of my favorite things: Books and Music.

I'm not sure about you but when I'm listening to my ipod every now and then a song will pop up and I'll think to myself "Hey that reminds me of so&so from such&such" =P

I love love love when authors have a play list for their novels! Especially when both the novel and the music are synchronized...my brain goes into overdrive when things like that happens because it's just too much awesomeness for it to handle!

So here's the deal... every Tuesday post a song that reminds you of something that you are currently reading.

For example: Our book club just finished reading Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. We attended a twitter party hosted by @galleysmith were we got to ask Becca a few question regarding Hush, Hush and her newest novel (sequel to Hush, Hush) Crescendo. I asked her if there was a certain song/songs that reminded her of any of her characters and she said "Trouble is a Friend" by Lenka. Of course I checked it out and O.M.G.  it fits the two main characters to a T. (See there I go again the with T's...I really need to look into my obsession with those...).

So our first official Tuesday Tunes is going to be dedicated to Becca for her suggestion of "Trouble is a Friend" by Lenka. This song will be stuck in your head for days if you're a Patch/Nora fan! 
~Brandi




0 comments: