Saturday, December 18, 2010

Review: Awakened (The Guardian Legacy #1) by Ednah Walters



Where to begin...oh where to begin! 

Ok, the first thing that comes to mind is I love that Ednah has created a strong female lead that isn't "the norm". Lil has fiery red hair, taller than you could ever imagine, and loves gypsie skirts with tons of colors. 

A girl after my own heart <3

...well I wish I had red hair...

...and I'd love to be taller than 5'4"...

...but I soooo can rock a gyspie skirt!

Anyways! Lil Falcon is our 16 y/o heroine who has never had the chance to stay in one place long enough to finish a year of school. Much less settle down and have some friends of her own. So you could imagine how lonely our girl is feeling in the begining chapters of the book. Lil suspects the reason that she moves around so much is due to her Grandfather's gypsy ways but little does she know it's actually a wee bit more complicated than that!

Enter Bran.

Oh, Bran.

You know the hottie on the cover.

Yup that one!

He kinda... sorta... breaks the news to Lil that she is in fact a Guardian. A Psi-Guardian to be exact. (And for those of you who have noooo clue what a Guardian is all I'm saying is Nephilim *which btw I think are going to be the new "vampires"!*) Grampa is a Guardian too of course! And Bran needs some serious help from said Guardians.
Much to Grampa's displeasure and Lil's newly "Awakened" hormones. =P

Did I make you giggle?
Non?
You lie!
I swear I saw a grin?
Ok ok back to my point!

That ladies and gentleman is where the first adventure of the Guardian Legacy begins.

I'm notorious for ruining books for people so I'm going to stop RIGHT THERE because I will ramble and ramble and ...well you see! So please do yourself a favor and check this book out b/c I'm about 99.9% sure you're going to love it.

There's love! There's action! And of course that hottie named Bran!

..heelllloooo...!

Seriously!

I'll even be nice and give you the link to Amazon and Goodreads

=P


The only complaint that I've heard so far is that the book is a little fast past BUT in my opinion Ednah does a fantastic job of keeping you on track with all of the twist and turns that happen with Lil...Bran.. and a few other awesome characters (Yes Kim I'm referring to you if for some reason your fictional self ever stumbles upon this!). So, you will stay interested in the book from page 1 to page 256 and of course left wanting more!

Ednah Walters is a fantastic writer and probably one of the nicest authors I've ever had the honor of talking too (via email lol) and HookBookers actually got to do an interview with one of the more sassy characters from Awakened aka Kim! So be on the look out for that as well as the second book in the series that Ednah is currently writing! 

Now for the Bran.. OH I mean the cover and synopsis! 

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★


  • Reading level: Ages 9-12
  • Paperback: 272 pages
  • Publisher: Pill Hill Press (August 22, 2010)
  • Language: English

Most teens turn sixteen and get the license to drive, Lil Falcon gets the license to kill demons, but no one told her she is not supposed to fall in love with one.
Orphaned as a child and raised by an eccentric grandfather, Lil is concerned with surviving high school and is unaware she's a Guardian—a being with super powers charged with killing demons and protecting humanity. But when she meets Bran, a mysterious boy with amazing abilities, his psi energy unlocks her latent powers. 
But Bran has a secret that can destroy their growing relationship. He's part demon. But in her heart, Lil knows Bran is not evil. So when her grandfather is kidnapped by a powerful nature-bender and Bran is the only one who knows where he's being kept, Lil convinces the other Guardians to trust him, not knowing her grandfather is just the bait. And the truth that she discovers in the demonic enclave may just destroy everything she believes in, unless she makes the right choice—love and sacrifice.


★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★


Oh and before I forget you can check out more about Ednah and the Guardian Legacy at Ednah's blog or her facebook page!




Happy Reading! 
Photobucket

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a wonderful review. Thanks, ladies. xoxo